Thursday 24 June 2010

Colour Create

My friend asked me to come up with a card for her father's 70th birthday. I always ask for a few details about the recipient in order to try to make the card personal to them... their interests, lifestyle etc. All that Sue could come up with for her dad was that he liked to sit and watch his goldfish in the pond in the garden.
SO here is a goldfish.
I coloured him with Copics and overlaid the image with 3D Clear Gloss Finish. The sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly and the embossing and lettering are Cuttlebug.
The little bits of pond weed are from a Nellie Snellen punch.
The colours are from this week's challenge at Colour Create, where an image from the new Alice in Wonderland film has been used. Really Whacky!
Yesterday I was trying to clean out the moss and other detritus from the block paving in the garden! Goodness what a job! I wanted to clean the garden furniture too, but the jet washer decided not to work! Don't you just hate that!
Hey Ho... today is another day!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card Chissie. I'm sure he will love it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie
    this is great...you are fab for ideas i looove it
    hugs
    sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun card! Once around the goldfish bowl....

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Chrissie - I'm sure your friend's Dad will love it!! I love the bright orange that you've taken from the photo - such a fabby goldfish!! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Colour Create! Hugs, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie. Another fantastic card from you. That fish makes a brilliant male card. Love the colours you picked.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking fun fish Chrissie - love it!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie