Saturday 17 May 2014

Flowers

Quite a lot of the cards I have made this week would fall in to the category for this week's challenge at "Less is More"!
It's Flowers!
However here are a couple ... needless to say one is water-coloured!

It's not a great picture, but I really enjoyed water-colouring this image from Clearly Besotted. This particular floral collection lends itself really well to water-colouring techniques.
Here I stamped with Versamark and coloured with Distress Inks. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs.
Because watercolour paper is an odd shade, it doesn't lend itself to mounting on either white or ivory card, unless it's completely covered in pigment... hence this is mounted on blue which has been dry embossed with a manuscript embossing folder.
This is one of my favourite floral dies... it's such an elegant poppy image!
The edging is die-cut with a Marianne die.
Last night we went to a supper with friends who were raising funds for MacMillan cancer care. It was great fun, a lot of work for the hosts but a wonderful amount of cash was raised for the charity. It's such a great way to make money for a really good cause! 
Today I'm going to see my son's new house for the first time...I shall be supervising the removal men delivering the furniture on Wednesday... they managed to fit the delivery in at short notice, but my son has a clinic in Worthing and his wife has patients to see in Bury St Edmunds and so neither can be there! Could be a recipe for disaster, so wish me luck!

19 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards. I love the blue card - I've been having the same problem with my water coloured images!
    Good luck with organising the furniture delivery!!!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so pretty , nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Chrissie just spotted your blue card too. Love them both and your watercoloring is fabulous. Doesn't sound like you'll be doing much crafting on Wednesday but hope all runs smoothly. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, re the colour cardstock to mount watercoloured images onto.
    Beautiful cards as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the prize reposting.

    Needless to say I love the watercoloured card - I can see a gallery full of watercolour coming up ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Chrissie, the first one is such a pretty image but that memory die is my favourite too:) Good luck with the removal men it's stressful enough dealing with your own move let alone someone else's:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Stunning cards Chrissie.

    Hope all goes well on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that poppy card..the color just pops out..it caught my eye right away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The watercolor and out of the box looks very nice and the poppy card is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the softness of your water coloring on your first card, Chrissie...it's just so pretty, and the sentiment is lovely!
    FYI: Tim Holtz water color paper is more 'white' than any of the others I have found. It also comes in a package of 20 A2 size sheets, and fairly reasonable. Hope this helps :-)

    I also love the Poppy die you chose for your 2nd card! It's so vibrant in red, and looks so striking against your white background...another BEAUTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made two beautiful cards Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards as always, good luck Weds, you'll need a few glasses once it is over!
    A
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cards, especially the blue one! Good luck with tomorrow's delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 Fab cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these floral cards, especially the poppies. I believe you've inspired my Christmas cards for this year. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chrissie love the poppy card. I used this die for my card as well. Loved the shading...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty cards Chrissie - I do love a floral! Hope all went well with the furniture delivery! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both superb Chrissie, I love your water coloured cards, simplicity all the way :D x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Chrissie, adore the Poppy one esp.Hope your son's move went ok and that you coped with the delivery men :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie