Friday 2 May 2014

From a potato!

The new Challenge at the Craft Stamper's Blog is to produce a card using a stamp made from a potato. 
This takes me back to the days of my youth... doing it as a child and then more latterly as a teacher cutting spuds for the kids to use for printing at school... in either case it's a while since I did it.
Here is a little card which funnily enough would be quite appropriate to give to a teacher at the end of a term!
The main image was inked with Distress Inks in several shades of red. The background strip was simply stamped over and over... it seemed to retain the colour for each successive stamp!
Why don't you have a go!

8 comments:

  1. Great card, love your potato stamp.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing this technique so I'll have to check out the challenge! I made a potato card the end of March 2013 with a panel, but in different colors. I love how you used the red, Chrissie, and made the apple designs! Aren't potatoes called apples of the earth in French? Great border, too!! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG talk about deja vu Chrissie but how effective! Love your card.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie, the pop of red looks amazing! So perfect for a teacher card!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Chrissie and I love your potato stamp. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the potato stamp! I am going to have to try this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, Chrissie! I love that you used a technique that is nostalgic for you, and how the bold red really pops on this card...so beautiful! You've inspired me to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, this is new for me! I have never heard of using a potato for stamping! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I must check out this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie