Saturday 11 July 2015

Chaps One Layer!

It's one layer time at Less is More again and this time the focus is another tricky one... a masculine theme!
Here is a new set of stamps to me, from Wplus9, but sadly one of them ripped when I was taking it off the carrying sheet. I have never had this happen before and I'm really delighted that Tara from Make the Day Special (which is where I got the stamps from) is organising a replacement for me.
The outline and sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and the colour from Shabby Shutters Distress Ink for the pear and Memento Pistachio for the leaf, with a touch of a marker for the stalk.

I'm not sure of the make of this tankard stamp but I've got a feeling it may be Creative Expressions... it's grey rubber from a set of masculine images that I have had in my stash for quite some time. I stamped and embossed in white, then masked it and stamped the Hero Arts background...also another old stamp. I coloured the tankard with watercolour pencils blending with a water brush. When dry I added some Glossy Accents and micro beads for the foam and then covered the rest with Glossy Accents. I shaded a little underneath the tankard to give a little grounding shadow, but it looks rather like a smudge... it was intentional however!

25 comments:

  1. Fabulously CAS Chrissie. Love the crispness of your pear design, and the white and black on kraft looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had that happen recently too - such a shame. Brilliant service that your supplier is organising a replacement though.

    FAB pear card and tankard too ..... will be having a go myself but not until this evening

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Lim cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Chrissie. I love making cards for guys but still struggle with one layer :) That pear is fantastic....you have got me wanting that WPlus9 set. Tara is fantastic isn't she - best customer service I have come across!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you're making me blush now! The stamp will be with you just as soon as Wplus9 get some back in, I'm still waiting for them to tell me they have some, they had a delivery last week but alas no pears :(
    Your cards a fabulous as always.
    Hope you're having a great holiday.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Chrissie,
    fantastic CAS card, the second card, one layer for a man to me is just perfect. Well did you use script and a pint of beer. It looks simply sensational. Great card and thank you for the inspiration.
    Regards,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are wonderful, Chrissie! The pear is suitable for anyone, too, but the kraft card is definitely a great masculine design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricky yes, but you nailed it Chrissie. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards Chrissy. I am glad i'm back from holiday to enjoy these beauties.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and striking cards Chrissie and brilliant ideas for one layer and men.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by my blog - hope you had a fantastic time

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous chap cards, the tankard looks great on kraft.
    Saw that gorgeous photo on FB, looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that you had fun on your cruise! Looks like you are bubbling from energy again!
    Great cards and so beautiful the kraft one!
    Have a colourful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fantastic cards Chrissie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tankard really looks 3D above the text on your card... great design and shading :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tankard really looks 3D above the text on your card... great design and shading :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrissie, your cards are always exceptional...and this week is no exception! I've had stamps tear on me before....not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie, your cards are always exceptional...and this week is no exception! I've had stamps tear on me before....not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're the second person I've heard about having their stamp tear. I'm so glad mine haven't. I love that pear stamp. Your tankard card is very masculine and "handsome" since I don't think men like "pretty". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shading is perfect, Chrissie, it really grounds the lovely tankard, the cards are brilliant. I've also had one stamp that teared, glad to hear that you get a replacement.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two fab cards Chrissie, you make them look so effortless...I know they aren't.Glad you enjoyed the cruise...welcome back ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pearfect card, Chrissie and the shadow and the second one looks fine!!!! Both lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the tankard card. Love the techniques you used. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie